Today I decided to get on the road and start getting back into my training. I gave up the gym in the summer and I was so fed up with the grimy damp Fitness First in Bath and having been a passionate pumper and spinner in the was finding my regular visits dwindling as work got busier.
When you have not run for a while it can be a real struggle to get started again. BUT I over the years I have come up with some motivators which get me out there.
1) Get your kit on and get out there!
2) A work out session only needs to be as little as 30mins but it’s a start. You can easily waste that time lolling about on the sofa. You will never look back on that time as wasted.
3) Get some nice kit so you feel good. But nothing too flash, you don’t want to have all the gear and…you get the idea ;)
4) Do it first thing. If you plan to do it after work all sorts will talk you out of it. When it’s done, it’s done!
5) If at first you don’t succeed KEEP AT IT!
As a self confessed magazine harlot of course I do love a good running mag. My mag of choice at the mo is Women’s Running and I find it hugely motivating for giving me tips and motivation. Sadly it’s not on the iPad yet but fingers crossed for next year!
So. Run one out of the way I will let you know how I get on! Y0u never know I may even make one of my goals to run a half marathon this year!